Here is a short video clip of the start of the race – please note how carefully the 303 nearest the Start Line is careful to avoid going over the line until the START GONG sounds. And – for something completely different – what do you think is happening aboard two of the 303s – one with yellow and the other with blue sails?
And here are some photos of boat-on-boat action taken throughout the race. It is clear that there is some very good sail trimming going on and tactical thinking. Well done and keep it up.
The Race result is:
- Mike Blatchford – Martin – #125
- Malcolm Hill and his crew Matt Bryant – Martin – Sail #126
- David Mason – 2.4m – #108
- Fay Watson and her crew James Thomas – 303D – #1
- Mark Cayzer and his crew Mark Skipper – 303D – #4
- Peter Wagner – 2.4m – #109
- Martin Norman – Liberty – #22
- Peter Gregory – 2.4m -#148
- Rowan Nicholls and his crew Allan Griffiths – 303D – #2
- Ann Frewer and her crew Bruce – 303D – #5
- Bill Garry – 303S – #7
Tom Phillips and Louise McSweeney were also out on the water during the race. Well done to all the racers. The results have been added to the summary sheet on the website.