Wealden Sailability is run by an enthusiastic and dedicated team of volunteers. Some have countless years experience in sailing, some have none at all, whilst others have spent many years in the caring professions. All our volunteers are committed to making your time with us as safe and as much fun as possible.
We need as much help as we can find. We know that time is precious and is one of the great things that you can give others.
We can promise that:
- We will try and make the experience of helping enjoyable,
- Will welcome you in to a wonderful team,
- Will give you the opportunity to learn through giving,
- And above all else you will know that you are making a difference.
What to expect:
- To be taught things by those you are teaching!
- Oh, and no, we cannot promise good weather all the time and you may occasionally get wet!
- Previous sailing experience is not necessary.
- Just providing a friendly face, helping people to change when they arrive or taking them down to the pontoon, making the great British cuppa — there are no shortage of jobs.
- Then there is the job of rigging and launching the boats (easily learned…. eventually!!)
- And crewing and helming the dinghies.
- And helping on the safety boat.
- Or keeping up with the admin.
- Or getting involved with the marketing!
- And if you cannot commit on a regular basis, no problem, we can fit you in around your schedule.