Thursday 2nd June, temperature 11 degrees C, wind NNE gusting to 26 miles per hour. Not at all right for the first day of summer.
A challenging day for racing with very difficult wind conditions saw the race nearly cancelled by the Safety Officer. In the end we were allowed to race Access, Liberty and Martin but no 2.4’s or Stratos.
Race start was delayed until 11.50 because of difficulties getting client boats away from the pontoon. This was caused because of the difficult weather and the whole team being very short handed. However, we eventually got 7 boats way racing.
Everyone appeared to enjoy themselves despite the cold. The wind conditions certainly suited the Martin’s and Peter and David in the Liberty’s were both on great form.
Please accept my apologies for not getting the race results out on the day. This was caused because my race time sheet blew out of my hand and had to be retrieved from the Lake, tenderly dried out and then deciphered..!!
Well done all who competed!